Financial Aid 101
College Parents of America Exclusives!
- Compare Student Loans Find the right student loan, whether you are a parent of an undergraduate student, a graduate student, or even returning to school yourself. Like other online shopping sites, SimpleTuition allows you to enter a few pieces of information and see sortable lists of student loans, including federal loans - like Stafford, PLUS and Graduate PLUS - and private student loans. Comparing student loans has never been more simple.
- In Struggle to Pay for College, You Are Not Alone College Parents of America writes that there are three ways to pay for college, "before, during and after." Read this article if you would like the reassurance of knowing that there are millions of American families in your shoes, trodding a well-worn path of struggling to pay for a higher education. Learn also how College Parents of America can help.
- Ready, set, hike: today's starting lineup of student aid programs
- Aid Polices Create a Middle-Class Squeeze Those who are most needy can usually find available dollars, but that process is often not as easy for middle class.
- Let's Look in the Mirror on College Costs Sometimes we don't like to admit it, but parents have ourselves to blame - at least a bit - for rising college costs.
- College Parents of America Promises to Help You to Find Ways to Pay for College Our commitment is to help your child succeed academically, and for you to succeed financially.
- Commission Hearing Puts Spotlight On College Parents College Parents of America testified on college access and affordability before the U.S. Secretary of Education's Commission on the Future of Higher Education. Read excerpts of their testimony.
- Building Trust Between Colleges and Parents It all comes down to the "three P's," - pay, politics and price.
- Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA) The mandatory form for applying for Federal student aid.
- FAFSA Personal Identification Number (PIN) To electronically file and update FAFSA forms, students are required to obtain a PIN at this site.
- CSS/Financial Profile A form required by some schools to receive financial aid. (Also available by calling 800/778-6888)
- Check out this slideshow on Financial Aid 101